Saturday, October 16, 2010

She what?????

Ah, another Saturday on reference. It did not disappoint for weirdness, either!

First, a simple question from me:
WHY is there a broad tipped surgical prep marker in the drawer of the reference desk?


It seemed to be my day for helping people fill out forms online. I gave someone a crash course in email, which really shouldn't be so surprising to me anymore, but it does still amaze me that there are people out there without email. The internet is so huge in my world that I can't remember living without it.



I helped a homeless gentleman apply for a job, sort of. The job he wants is currently filled, but we filled out the form that will notify him if it becomes open future. He listed a job for his experience, but it had nothing to do with the job in which he was interested. I wish this man well, and hope he finds something...but I really don't think he's going to be the next head coach for the local National Hockey League franchise. Dare to dream, though!


The most surreal moment came as I was helping someone find a phone number for a long-lost child. After presenting the information, somehow our chat turned to a nearby impoverished rural community. I mentioned that we have friends who live there, when the customer said, "Oh, do you know my sister-in-law? She castrates sheep with her teeth!"

Umm. What?




~~~~

Nose Picking Count: 2
Boarding Passes Printed: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment